Mattresses – FAQ
Pocket Sprung means that each spring is encased in its own separate fabric pocket within the mattress.
Traditional open coil springs:
Individual pocket springs:
This has a resulting impact on the firmness of the mattress as follows:
- Soft Support: 800 pocket
- Regular Support: 1000 pocket
- Regular / Firm: 1500 pocket
- Firm: 2000 pocket
- Extra Firm: 3000 pocket
This gives the mattress a better overall balance of support; evenly distributing it throughout the surface.
- Reflex Foam – medium – high density. Provides support to memory foam.
- Memory Foam – Moulds to the contours of the body – for support and comfort. Absorbs movement and reduces pressure points.
- Gel Foam – similar to Memory Foam but gel particles are fused to the memory foam to combat issues of overheating.
- Latex Foam – made from natural latex rubber. Breathable.
Focus on comfort. The most important thing to consider is your own comfort level. Even if you buy the most expensive mattress, you won’t have the best sleeping experience of your life if you’re not comfortable on it. To find a mattress you’re comfortable with you need to consider several other factors, like the size, firmness and type of materials used in the mattress.